Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- While the chicken is baking, place the chicken stock, garlic, and onion in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in wine, and continue to cook until reduced and slightly thickened.
- Add the mushrooms and artichokes to the chicken stock mixture. Reduce heat, and simmer until mushrooms are tender. Stir in the heavy cream, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Season with salt and pepper, and serve over the baked chicken.
We thought this was pretty good. In the finished product I must say I thought the chicken may have tasted better if it had been seared in the pan, taken out, and then simmered in the sauce, instead of being fully baked on its own in the oven and then served with the sauce later. I also prepared the sauce slightly differently than directed. I sauteed the onions & garlic in a tiny bit of butter, then added the liquids and followed the directions the rest of the way. My chicken stock never did reduce down, although the wine sure did. I added cornstarch to thicken it up, as it never did thicken up for me. We also seasoned the chicken with salt & pepper because we tend to like things pretty salty. Thanks for posting the recipe.