Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from Kraft Foods magazine and loved it! It's a creamy alfredo-type sauce on chicken. It's delicious!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (about 4 small halves)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Place chicken inside a resealable plastic bag, along with the flour, seal bag. Shake chicken around a bit to coat evenly with the flour. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the chicken and cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until it's cooked through. Remove chicken, reserving dripping sin the skillet. Cover chicken to keep warm.
- Add broth to the skillet. Stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up all those flavorful browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the cream cheese. Cook 2-3 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and the sauce starts to thicken, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Return the chicken to skillet; turn over to coat both sides with the creamy sauce. Cook 2 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley. You can also top it with a cup of quartered cherry tomatoes. Then drizzle with sauce and then 2 tbsp of fresh basil.
I used this as a base and the result was very tasty!! Unused local organic chicken breast which I cut into cubes, glutinous rice flour as that is what I had on hand and to be gluten free, organic extra virgin olive oil but also some organic cultured butter for more of a flavour we enjoy, homemade veggie stock with a little beef as that is what I had on hand, for the cream cheese I used a Middle Eastern cream cheese called lebneh which is more like very strained yogurt, organic parsley and organic basil to garnish. To the cream sauce I added sea salt to taste, cooked organic shelled peas, cooked organic sliced carrots and cooked organic yellow beans chopped in half. I served this over top of organic rice spaghetti to be gluten free, with a fresh salad for a delicious meal. I may use this recipe as a base again insha Allah, (God willing).
This was a very good meal. Next time I will add some fried mushrooms and fresh garlic to the sauce. I served it with potato pancakes and steamed vegetables. Thanks for posting!
I made this last night & I must say it was the BOMB!!! My 4 yr is a very picky eater & he loved it. Thanks for posting will make again very soon.