Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another of her dishes from her TV show. I have made this with pounded, boneless pork chops too and it's equally as good.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded thin to 1/4-inch
- 2 lemons, zest and juiced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 anchovy fillet, chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 lb spaghettini
- Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Prepare pot with boiling water and cook pasta until just done.
- Combine lemon zest, parsley, anchovy if using, garlic. Set aside.
- Put flour in one dish and beaten eggs in another.
- Dredge seasoned chicken in flour and then in egg.
- Heat a large pan to medium high heat and add 3 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Fry the meat in mixture until just done.
- Place on a platter in warm oven.
- In pan with remaining oil/butter, add wine/stock/lemon juice.
- Reduce while pasta is cooking.
- Add half of the parsley mixture.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in sauce.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to the sauce in the pan, along with the spinach and basil.
- Warm until vegetables are wilted.
- Place chicken on warmed dinner plates.
- Top each with some of the reserved parsley mixture and serve with the pasta on the side.
Loved this chicen and pasta dish!!! Wonderful flavors going on from the garlic, lemon, wine, broth and butter, sooo good!!! I made this for the 2 of us but made the whole amount of sauce to have extra over our pasta. Served with a salad a garlic bread for a wonderful meal!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Photo Tag Game.