1/1 Photo of Chicken Francese With Gremolata by Rachael Ray
Lori Mama's Note:
Another of her dishes from her TV show. I have made this with pounded, boneless pork chops too and it's equally as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded thin to 1/4-inch
- 2 lemons, zest and juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 anchovy fillet, chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1/2 lb spaghettini
- 1Set oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Prepare pot with boiling water and cook pasta until just done.
- 3Combine lemon zest, parsley, anchovy if using, garlic. Set aside.
- 4Put flour in one dish and beaten eggs in another.
- 5Dredge seasoned chicken in flour and then in egg.
- 6Heat a large pan to medium high heat and add 3 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons butter.
- 7Fry the meat in mixture until just done.
- 8Place on a platter in warm oven.
- 9In pan with remaining oil/butter, add wine/stock/lemon juice.
- 10Reduce while pasta is cooking.
- 11Add half of the parsley mixture.
- 12Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in sauce.
- 13When pasta is done, drain and add to the sauce in the pan, along with the spinach and basil.
- 14Warm until vegetables are wilted.
- 15Place chicken on warmed dinner plates.
- 16Top each with some of the reserved parsley mixture and serve with the pasta on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Francese With Gremolata by Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.2
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 200.8 mg
- Sodium 381.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 39.2 g