Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 whole skinless chicken breasts, boned and split
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, chopped
- Combine bread crumbs and cheese. Dip chicken breast halves in crumb mixture to coat lightly.
- Arrange in baking dish.
- In a saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour.
- Stir in milk all at once. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Stir in spinach.
- Spoon spinach mixture over chicken and sprinkle with rest of crumb mixture. Bake uncovered at 350F for 40-45 minutes.
Very tasty recipe and easy to prepare. May go further by adding some rice or pasta or having potatoes with it. Very impressive - my husband was very complimentary to the chef and since I very rarely cook I was pleased about that!!
This was very tasty, but I made a few changes. Having read the other reviews, I added garlic, salt and pepper and can't imagine it tasting good without. I also used fresh baby spinach (chopped) which I sprinkled with nutmeg before stirring into the sauce. I also used frozen breasts, but would recommend either defrosting first or cooking slightly first and draining off the water before putting the spinach and sauce on.
Wow, waaay too much spinach in this dish, I think. Granted, I'm not a big fan of spinach; I generally like it to be buried in the dish... I made as directed (but added garlic) in an 8x8inch pan. The chicken did come out nice and moist. But I expected white sauce with some spinach in it. This was spinach with some sauce in it. I might try again with 1/3 the amount of spinach; I was looking for a lower-fat florentine recipe like this.