Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of the best fettuccine Alfredo recipes that I've ever had. It is rich and creamy and fairly easy to make. The sauce in this one is made with cream cheese instead of cream. This is great with a salad and french bread. I believe I got this recipe from 'Taste of Home'.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked & cubed
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, julienned
- 6 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked & drained (you can use gluten free pasta as substitute if gluten or wheat intolerant)
- In a skillet, melt cream cheese & butter over low heat; stir until smooth.
- Add milk, garlic power, salt & pepper; cook & stir for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Add chicken, broccoli, zucchini, and red pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat; cover & cook for 5 more minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Serve over fettuccine.