Recipe by KLBoyle
This soup is so easy to throw together and is really tasty. It gets quite a bit of heat from the enchilada sauce so be careful about adding extra spice. I serve with cheese quesadillas for a filling meal. Enjoy!
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious!! This quick and easy soup was a huge hit with my family. I used about 2 c. of rotisserie chicken which made this soup even quicker to make. Also, I didn't drain the black beans, I added a couple of generous handfuls of finely crushed tortilla chips, and about 1 tsp. cumin and some garlic powder, to taste. I served this topped with sliced green onions and 4-cheese Mexican cheese. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!!
*Made for PRMR tag game*
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth (bouillon works just fine)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I prefer Old El Paso)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large soup pot, sauté onion and green pepper in oil over medium-high. Heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Let simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes so flavors can blend.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy!