Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Quick and different take on chicken enchiladas
Make and share this Chicken Enchilada Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium saucepan, melt margarine; sautéing onions and garlic until tender.
- Stir in 1/2 of the olives(reserve other 1/2 for top), green chilies, sour cream and soup; mix well.
- Set aside 3/4 cup of the mixture.
- Stir in chicken and 1/2 cup cheese in with mixture in sauce pan.
- Warm tortillas and fill with chicken mixture; roll up.
- Place seam side down in 12x8 baking dish.
- In small bowl, combine reserved 3/4 cup of mixture and milk.
- Spoon over tortillas.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese and black olives.
I have been making this for years. I found it in the Pillsbury Cookbook.
This was a good dish. I added some chopped chipotle peppers that had been packed in adobe sauce, and it added a really nice kick of spiciness. I also added some portabella's. I have to say with all the milk, sour cream, cream soup, & cheese the dish was a bit rich for our stomachs. I may have to scale down the creams a bit in the future just for our own stomach's sake. Thanks for posting, its always fun to try something different.
This was definitely quick and different with a mild flavor. It was good, just not enough spice for me. This recipe would be perfect for family's who do not like spicy food.