1/1 Photo of Chicken & Egg Rice Bowl / Oyako-Don
This is one of the most popular Japanese dishes. Easy, tasty, and healthy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken into chunks and slice the onion.
- 2Heat the stock, then add soy sauce, mirin, and sugar, then let it boil.
- 3Add the onion and chicken to the stock. Leave it until the chicken is cooked. Do not boil it too much.
- 4Break the eggs into bowl but separate one egg york and gently whisk.
- 5Once the chicken is cooked, pour the egg (with egg white) over the chicken and onion leave it until the egg is cooked. Add the egg york and remove from the heat.
- 6Serve over the steamed rice and sprinkle the chives.
Browse Our Top Japanese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Japanese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Egg Rice Bowl / Oyako-Don
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.7
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 444.6 mg
- Sodium 4721.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 44.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: