Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I could not believe how easy and yet how good this was. And the crock pot makes it all that much better.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesrefrigerated low fat biscuits
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Combine all ingredients, except biscuits, in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, tear biscuit dough into 1" pieces. Add to the slow cooker; stir gently.
- Cover and cook on High for an additional 30 minutes or until biscuits are fluffed up and cooked through.
I am making it for the second time tonite - my kids ate it up and asked for it again - the only changes - I sprinkled in some poultry seasoning and added an additional boullion cube. Thanks for a great and easy recipe that my kids have been asking for me to make but I have always been scared to do!
This is an awesome little recipe. I love chicken and dumplings but so often people make it like a glorified chicken noodle soup. This gem does the job right. The dumplings are exactly the right size and consistency. And it's soooo easy to make! Love this. Eating it tonight in fact. Thanks for the great food!
I love this recipe, tasty, simple, filling. I have passed this recipe to my friends and family.