Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are the flat dumplings like my Granny always made. I can't imagine them any other way.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, in large pieces
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (i use healthy request(with added herbs)
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- Fill large pot with 4 c water & bring to a boil.
- Add chicken & bullion. Return to boil.
- Add soup & broth.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour & shortening.
- Mix well with pastry blender then add 3/4 c of broth mixture from pot. Mix until dough is firm.
- On waxed paper sprinkled with flour, roll dough to 1/4"-1/2" thick.
- Cut into 1" wide strips.
- Add dough to broth mixture and reduce heat.
- Add salt to taste.
- Simmer 30 minutes.