Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from Ricardo for ZWT8 for India
Make and share this Chicken Drumsticks With Indian Spices recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut milk (approximately)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 chicken drumsticks (with or without skin)
- salt and pepper
- Marinade: In a glass baking dish or large freezer bag, combine all the marinade ingredients. Add the drumsticks and coat well. Cover the dish or seal the bag. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Chicken: Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium.
- Grill the drumsticks for about 20 minutes, turning halfway through, until the flesh pulls easily from the bone. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Curried Coleslaw.
What a delicious dinner this dish made tonight. I marinated the chicken (used thighs vs. drumsticks) for 24 hours and the result was a very moist and flavorful chicken. Served this chicken with some stir-fried broccoli and we loved it. Will definitely make this chicken again. Made for PRMR, May, 2013.
Delicious chicken! I used a 6oz box of coconut cream (from the Asian food market not sweetened) and added a little non fat milk since the coconut cream is so thick. I was out of cardamom but added a little garlic powder and black pepper. I used chicken thighs and loosened the skin so the marinade would have better contact with the meat. It was nice to have this marinating overnight and then come home and put it in the oven - our weather is not condusive to grilling right now so I baked it at about 385 for and hour or so. The skin came out nice and crisp and the meat very moist and flavorful. I would probably increase the cumin next time because I like how it tastes with the curry. The curry was flavorful without being hot. I will definitely make this again! I served it with green beans and Yellow Rice (Geelrys) Thanks Boomette for another great recipe, made for PRMRT
Simple enough for the middle of the week. Have changed a few things bepending on the mood and whats in the pantry. I have used honey mustard, taken out the spice on occation and I have used turkey and chicken breast cut into smallish pieces. I also use a rack while cooking so there is no need to turn(though I do)and I also use the convection feature. YUMMY