Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo for ZWT8 for India
Top Review by DailyInspiration
What a delicious dinner this dish made tonight. I marinated the chicken (used thighs vs. drumsticks) for 24 hours and the result was a very moist and flavorful chicken. Served this chicken with some stir-fried broccoli and we loved it. Will definitely make this chicken again. Made for PRMR, May, 2013.
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut milk (approximately)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 chicken drumsticks (with or without skin)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade: In a glass baking dish or large freezer bag, combine all the marinade ingredients. Add the drumsticks and coat well. Cover the dish or seal the bag. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Chicken: Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium.
- Grill the drumsticks for about 20 minutes, turning halfway through, until the flesh pulls easily from the bone. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Curried Coleslaw.