Recipe by Miss Annie
This delicious dish uses Parmesan-breaded chicken breasts sauteed then baked with Jack cheese, mushrooms and a white wine sauce. It is guaranteed to be one of your favorites. This dish goes well with a pasta side (try angel hair pasta with garlic herb butter). You may also use a drier white wine if you prefer.
Top Review by MizzNezz
WOW!!! This is scrumptious!! The parmesan makes a really nice breading mix. The cream of chicken soup gave it a great texture. I didn't have zinfandel, I used sauterne. It worked out good. The wine definitly adds a good flavor. This is a VERY good chicken dish, very easy to make. Thanks MIss Annie! Another one for my T&T file!
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups white zinfandel wine (or a dry wine)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Dredge chicken first in Parmesan cheese, then in egg, then in bread crumbs.
- Brown each breast in oil until golden brown.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Pour wine into skillet with chicken brownings.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Top each chicken breast with an even amount of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Top with sauteed mushrooms and wine sauce.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees F.
- for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and is no longer pink.