Baked Breaded Chicken Breasts
This recipe is easy, hearty, endlessly flexible and still impressive enough to serve to dinner guests.
- Ready In:
- 2 chicken breasts (skinned)
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 75 g grated parmesan cheese
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- lemon, zest of (optional)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Grease an ovenproof dish (I use butter but I am sure olive oil could work).
- Tear the bread into pieces and put it into a mixer, add the seeds and turn them into rough breadcrumbs.
- Add the parmesan, pepper and lemon zest (if using).
- Melt the butter.
- Add the butter to the breadcrumb mixture and mix well.
- Put the chicken breasts in the ovenproof dish and pat the breadcrumb mixture firmly down on top of them, covering all of the flesh.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Optional: Once the chicken is cooked take it from the dish and add the lemon juice to the pan, mix well and serve as a side-sauce. This is very strong and not everyone likes it but it works very well with veggies such as broccoli. Use sparingly!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Preparing this was a bit different from the usual way of breading chicken which uses flour/ eggs /dried breadcrumbs so I was a bit unsure about the outcome. Neither did it really stick to the chicken that much but I forged ahead and continued this recipe. I pressed and pressed and when I finally got it out of the oven and tasted it, it's so crunchy good! The seeds sure improved the breading especially with the buttery taste...Oh, I omitted the parmesan but it's still great! Thanks for sharing! Made for Spring PAC 2009.Reply