Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is one of those recipes you can spice up with hot pepper. Very easy to make. This came from a friend's grandmother's recipe collection.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 8 chicken breasts or 8 chicken thighs (I use skinless)
- chopped hot pepper (optional)
- Arrange chicken in a shallow pan.
- Mix the other ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Add a little water if needed to bottom of the pan to prevent burning.
- Uncover and sprinkle almonds over chicken and baste with sauce.
- Bake uncovered for about 10 more minutes.
- Careful not to burn.
The sauce in this recipe was fabulous! I intend to save it and adapt to other recipes-perhaps pork. In the future I think I will sautee the chicken first, to get more of a browning effect and then shorten the cooking time.In any case, Great Recipe!