Recipe by Tisme
A quick and easy meal, if you would prefer it more spicier add some finely sliced chilli.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Fabulous, Tisme, we just loved this, a real keeper!! I was a bit worried about a 'quick' curry .. you can never hurry curry! But actually it works wonderfully, flavour, sauce consistency, crisp vegetables in a marvellous fusion of taste and colour! I veered away from the recipe slightly, using shrimps rather than chicken, I sauteed my shrimps separately in butter and garlic, and added them just before serving. I also left my snow peas whole! Oh, I didn't have hokkien noodles.. I thought I did, but I didn't :( .. so faced with using angelhair or ramen noodles, I went with the ramen .. they are finer than hokkien, and I will definitely use the hokkien another time. but they did the job! I also used vegetable stock, and added a fresh tomato, chopped. All in all, fabulous .. this gave me three generous servings, supper for DH and I, office lunch for me next day. I could have stretched it to 4, but I'm glad I got to pig out, lol!!!! Thank you for this marvellous recipe, Tisme!!!!! Loved it!
- 150 g hokkien noodles
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked
- 400 ml light coconut cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons yellow Thai curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup red capsicum, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, cut into fine strips
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup salt free chicken stock
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄3 cup spring onion, finely sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodle by putting a bowl of boiling water to loosen.
- Slice chicken into strips.
- Place coconut cream, Thai curry paste,lemon juice & rind into a microwave safe bowl and cook (750W) for 1 minute. Remove and add the.
- chicken,capsicum, onion, zucchini, snow peas, chicken stock and seasoning to taste,.
- Cook in micowave for 8 minutes.
- When cooked add drained noodles and cook again for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with bean shoots and spring onions to serve.