Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve over rice or pasta, and instant meal.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons butter (and a little oil)
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- salt & pepper
- Melt butter in skillet; add a little oil to prevent it from burning.
- Quickly brown the chicken and set aside.
- Add onion to the pan, saute til limp and add green pepper and celery.
- Saute for a few more minutes and add tomatoes, stock and seasonings.
- Return chicken to pan and simmer over low heat about 20 minutes until done.
- Baste frequently, but keep pan covered.