Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe was given to me by my mom. It is easy and very good.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices low-fat cheese
- 4 slices low-fat ham
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a cutting board use a meat pounder to pound chicken breasts to a medium thickness.
- In a small bowl beat the two eggs.
- on a small plate place some bread crumbs.
- On top of each chicken breast put a slice of cheese, a slice of ham, and a teaspoon of the dijon mustard on each chicken breast.
- Roll the chicken in the egg mixture and then roll it in bread crumbs.
- Place a toothpick in the center to hold it together.
- Place rolled chicken breasts in a baking dish and bake covered with aluminum foil for 20 minutes.
- Take of the aluminum foil and continue to bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- This can be served with rice or noodles.
Thank you for an easy and delicious recipe!
This was soooo good! I did change the recipe a bit to suit our tastes; I used Ritz crackers instead of breadcrumbs, and instead of putting mustard on breasts I made a sauce to top them with (after baking) 1 can coc soup mixed with 2/3 c sour cream and 2 1/2 tsp dijon mustard. I baked about 45 minutes, thanks!
Yum. I used Provelone cheese and a bit more Dijon than called for. Also, I sprinkled the pounded breasts with a little salt and pepper first, and then rolled the chicken in panko (coarse bread crumbs). Served these with a mushroom cheese sauce. Absolutely delicious.