Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe was given to me by my mom. It is easy and very good.
Make and share this Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a cutting board use a meat pounder to pound chicken breasts to a medium thickness.
- In a small bowl beat the two eggs.
- on a small plate place some bread crumbs.
- On top of each chicken breast put a slice of cheese, a slice of ham, and a teaspoon of the dijon mustard on each chicken breast.
- Roll the chicken in the egg mixture and then roll it in bread crumbs.
- Place a toothpick in the center to hold it together.
- Place rolled chicken breasts in a baking dish and bake covered with aluminum foil for 20 minutes.
- Take of the aluminum foil and continue to bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- This can be served with rice or noodles.
Thank you for an easy and delicious recipe!
This was soooo good! I did change the recipe a bit to suit our tastes; I used Ritz crackers instead of breadcrumbs, and instead of putting mustard on breasts I made a sauce to top them with (after baking) 1 can coc soup mixed with 2/3 c sour cream and 2 1/2 tsp dijon mustard. I baked about 45 minutes, thanks!
Yum. I used Provelone cheese and a bit more Dijon than called for. Also, I sprinkled the pounded breasts with a little salt and pepper first, and then rolled the chicken in panko (coarse bread crumbs). Served these with a mushroom cheese sauce. Absolutely delicious.