Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut 4 10" squares of heavy-duty foil.
- Pour 1 tbsp oil on each sheet of foil- spread to cover foil.
- Place chicken on foil squares.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Fold and seal foil.
- Place foil packs on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve chicken from foil packets.
- Be careful when opening- steam is trapped inside.
This is a great way to prepare recipe-ready cooked chicken. Also good for chicken salad. I go a little easier on the garlic powder, and set my oven at 400 degrees rather than 425. It turns out perfect every time!
The simplicity of this dish as well as its flavor makes this an easy,quick and delicious 5 star dinner for any night of the week. I added green and red bell pepper strips as I had a half of one each left in my frige,added a small onion sliced,some sliced mushrooms. This made a colorful presentation,very tasty and so Yummyyyy,,everyone loved it!! I know I will make this again and again with the many variation possibilities by just changing up the meats and vegies,the cooking in foil is a wonderful idea!!! Thank you for such a great recipe!!!
Great flavor and very very moist and juicy! I also added bell pepper and mushrooms. Easy to make, easy to clean up, wonderful to eat.