Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect for leftover chicken. If you love chinese food this is a great salad for you.
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped chicken
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- Whisk first 7 dressing ingredients.
- Mix dressing and other ingredients together EXCEPT chow mein noodles.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Just before serving add in chow mein noodles.
My husband and I really enjoyed your slaw, Caryn. I made it for us to take to work for lunch. A beautiful array of colors. The dressing had wonderful Asian flavors. Other than adding some salt and pepper, I followed your recipe exactly. Wouldn't change anything. Thanks so much for sharing this.
I tasted the dressing before adding the other ingredients. Oh boy is it yummy! The noodles seemed to soak up all the dressing which was disappointing. Topping the cole slaw with the noodles would prevent that. This would be nice to stuff in egg roll wrappers (minus noodles of course) and bake.
I was a little skeptical about this recipe at first thinking it would be rather dull but it was delicious. I served it to guests and it disappeared. The flavors melded together to become more than the sum of its parts. Thanks for posting this. It will become a favorite summer recipe.