Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Taste of Home.
Make and share this Chicken Chili With Black Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, chopped, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a Dutch oven, saute chicken, red peppers, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add green chilies, chili powder, cumin and coriander; cook for 3 minutes. Stir in beans, tomatoes, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring often.
Very good! I will make again. Needs some salt & pepper which was easily added. I also gave it a dash or two of red hot sauce, just for a teensy kick.
Delicious, simple-to-make chili! I don't care for onions so added a green bell pepper, and I had some cooked shredded chicken on hand so I used that instead of sauteing chicken. Healthy recipe with great flavor - thanks for sharing the recipe!