This is a recipe my hubby has fallen in love with and recreated the next day at home. He requested I post it and I must admit, it is very good soup and I’m not a fan of spicy foods but this was fantastic. In his words....“Friday I went to Phillpots, which is a small takeaway "lunch bar". I love their soup and went for the sweet potato, chili and chicken soup. It was so damn good that whilst we were at the supermarket on Saturday, I thought would try to make it. So, I used the obvious ingredients and added a little salt, pepper and cream and voila. It was near on a perfect match! Not only was it good, it's SOOOOOO easy to make, so hope you give it a go. You wont be disappointed ;)”
- Fry / cook chicken breast (any way is fine) and once cooked, dice into small pieces.
- Peel and dice up sweet potatoes. Throw into a pan of boiling water for about 10-15 minutes Check they are well cooked by poking them with a blunt knife (if the knife slides through effortlessly, then they are done).
- Chop up 1/2 chili and remove seeds. Dice into small pieces.
- Put the dice chili into the chicken broth; stir and mix. Add pepper and salt.
- Put the potatoes into a food processor. Mix for 2 minutes on low. Then add the stock/chili mix and the chicken. Leave to mix for another 2-3 minutes Add a little hot water until you can see the contents being mixed.
- Add contents into a saucepan, and heat up for about 2-3 minutes, stirring; adding a little water to make sure it keeps a "soupy" consistency (it's supposed to be quite thick).
- Take it off the heat, keep stirring and add a splash of cream until texture is creamy. Stir well.
- Serve :).