1/2 Photos of Chicken, Chili and Sweet Potato Soup
This is a recipe my hubby has fallen in love with and recreated the next day at home. He requested I post it and I must admit, it is very good soup and I’m not a fan of spicy foods but this was fantastic. In his words....“Friday I went to Phillpots, which is a small takeaway "lunch bar". I love their soup and went for the sweet potato, chili and chicken soup. It was so damn good that whilst we were at the supermarket on Saturday, I thought would try to make it. So, I used the obvious ingredients and added a little salt, pepper and cream and voila. It was near on a perfect match! Not only was it good, it's SOOOOOO easy to make, so hope you give it a go. You wont be disappointed ;)”
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry / cook chicken breast (any way is fine) and once cooked, dice into small pieces.
- 2Peel and dice up sweet potatoes. Throw into a pan of boiling water for about 10-15 minutes Check they are well cooked by poking them with a blunt knife (if the knife slides through effortlessly, then they are done).
- 3Chop up 1/2 chili and remove seeds. Dice into small pieces.
- 4Put the dice chili into the chicken broth; stir and mix. Add pepper and salt.
- 5Put the potatoes into a food processor. Mix for 2 minutes on low. Then add the stock/chili mix and the chicken. Leave to mix for another 2-3 minutes Add a little hot water until you can see the contents being mixed.
- 6Add contents into a saucepan, and heat up for about 2-3 minutes, stirring; adding a little water to make sure it keeps a "soupy" consistency (it's supposed to be quite thick).
- 7Take it off the heat, keep stirring and add a splash of cream until texture is creamy. Stir well.
- 8Serve :).
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Chili and Sweet Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.3
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 66.2 mg
- Sodium 1674.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 20.7 g