Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and low-fat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 32 ounces great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 1⁄2 ounces green chilies, chopped and undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, if desired (optional)
- 2 cups white rice, if desired (optional)
- In a 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Stir in soup, broth and water. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until smooth and well blended. Stir in chicken, beans, chilies, oregano and cumin. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook uncovered 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over white rice and top each serving with sour cream if desired.