Recipe by Courtly
I made this last week and it's really good. My mom especially loved it. She kept going back for more. Very yummy!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt; cook until bubbly. Gradually stir in the broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano and pepper; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, parsley and remaining mozzarella; set aside. Spread 1/4 of the cheese sauce into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish; cover with 1/3 of the noodles. Top with half of ricotta mixture, half of spinach and half of chicken. Cover with 1/4 of cheese sauce and 1/3 of noodles. Repeat layers of ricotta mixture, spinach, chicken and 1/4 cheese sauce. Cover with remaining noodles and cheese sauce. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over all. Bake at 350°F, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.