Recipe by Marney
This is a very comforting southwestern style casserole. It's not spicy so if you like a little zing I suggest adding diced jalepenos instead of the green chiles. (That's how my husband likes it)
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bagdoritos corn chips, crushed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 4 -7 ounces diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup old el paso salsa verde
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the soups, milk, sour cream, onion, chiles and salsa.
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish and layer 1/2 the Doritos, 1/2 the chicken, 1/2 the soup mixture and 1/2 the cheese. Repeat the layers ending with the cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree farenheit oven for 15-20 minutes.