1/1 Photo of Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
Found in "The Complete Step-by-Step Diabetic Cookbook". I haven't tried this one yet - but it looks pretty good. When I make it I'll likely leave out the pimento and add diced garlic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces cauliflower (1 package frozen florets)
- 1/2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup American cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- 4 ounces pimentos (1 jar drained and diced)
- cooking spray
- 1Combine cauliflower, onion and water in a medium saucepan; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until veggies are tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2Add milk, cornstarch, bouillon granules, and salt to saucepan, stirring with a wire whisk. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- 3Add cheese; stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- 4Add cauliflower mixture, chicken and pimento to cheese sauce. Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2 qt casserole coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.4
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 311.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: