Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 6 chicken thighs, with bones and skin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, petite cut
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and sear the chicken thighs on all sides.
- Once the chicken is done sprinkle the bouillon over the chicken and add the petite cut tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over the chicken.
- In a medium frying pan heat the other tbsp of olive oil, and saute the onion and bell pepper slices over medium high heat.
- Pour the caramelized onion and bell pepper over the cheese and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes to cool. Serve hot over noodles or rice.
This was really good but I did change it up a bit. I used six boneless chicken breasts and a can of petite diced tomatoes with onions, peppers and celery. I then didn't add the additional onions and peppers. I also used two cups of cheese and we love cheese. I also made this completely on the stove and didn't use the olive oil. We really enjoyed this.