Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is really good comfort food, and easy to adjust the ingredients to your liking. I found a dried mix of pearl barley, lentils, macaroni and onion, but this recipe would be good with just pearl barley if you can't find a mix. I'm living in England right now so couldn't check the jar sizes in ounces- it's one regular jar of gravy and 1 regular can of soup.
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1 (10 ounce) can Campbell's chicken soup
- 10 small potatoes, quartered
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup dried pearl barley, mix
- Brown the chicken in a skillet until it's nearly cooked through.
- Mix the gravy and the chicken soup in a casserole dish.
- Add the chicken, vegetables and pearl barley.
- Cook in the oven on medium heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.