Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Healthy and yummy, this came from Cook It Light magazine.
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock, defatted
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups rice, cooked and cooled
- Melt margarine in medium-size saucepan, add garlic, and cook until it starts to sizzle.
- Add the flour and stir 1-2 minutes, but do not brown.
- Add the stock and milk very slowly, whisking to prevent lumps.
- Whisk until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add salt & pepper and cook for 1 minute more.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sauce with the chicken, mayo, celery, onion, lemon juice, and rice.
- Mix well and pour into a casserole dish sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Cook until bubbly at 350 degrees, 50-60 minutes.