Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I know we don't really another need another chicken casserole recipe but this is my favorite. Just good ole comfort food. Works great with leftover turkey, too.
- 2 lbs chicken, cooked and cut into pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) boxstove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- Mix together the soups, milk and the small pkg from the stuffing box; set aside. Saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in the tbsp of butter and add to the soups.
- Mix together the stick of butter, broth and large pkg of stuffing. Place about 3/4 of the stuffing mixture in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Add the chicken and soup mixture. Top with remaining stuffing. Bake at 350~ for 45 minutes.
This was very easy to make! There is so much you could add to this recipe as a way to use up the left overs in your fridge. I added some broccoli and noodles and it turned out great! It was not as "wet" as I tend to like some of my casseroles but I figure the noodles soaked up some of the liquid so I might need to add a little more broth or milk next time.
It was very quick and easy! I had everything on hand except the celery, so I used celery seed. I think if I had the celery it would have been even better! Very much comfort food.