Recipe by Miss ~V~
I know we don't really another need another chicken casserole recipe but this is my favorite. Just good ole comfort food. Works great with leftover turkey, too.
Top Review by aggienxs
This was very easy to make! There is so much you could add to this recipe as a way to use up the left overs in your fridge. I added some broccoli and noodles and it turned out great! It was not as "wet" as I tend to like some of my casseroles but I figure the noodles soaked up some of the liquid so I might need to add a little more broth or milk next time.
- 2 lbs chicken, cooked and cut into pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) boxstove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the soups, milk and the small pkg from the stuffing box; set aside. Saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in the tbsp of butter and add to the soups.
- Mix together the stick of butter, broth and large pkg of stuffing. Place about 3/4 of the stuffing mixture in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Add the chicken and soup mixture. Top with remaining stuffing. Bake at 350~ for 45 minutes.