1/1 Photo of Chicken Cannelloni
1 hr 10 mins
From Canada's Best Of Bridge Series. It is delicious. Prepare the chicken filling and the meat sauce ahead of time and this will be fun to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly ground
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1To make chicken filling:.
- 2Cook chicken until pink is just gone - do NOT overcook!Chop finely or grind.
- 3Combine oil, onion, celery, carrots and parsley in saucepan and cook for 10 minutes.
- 4Beat egg yolks in large bowl, add parmesan and ricotta cheeses and beat until smooth. Add salt, oregano, basil, nutmeg and pepper.
- 5Add chicken and broth and beat until well mixed.
- 6This may be covered and refrigerated or frozen until ready to use.
- 7CHEDDAR SAUCE:.
- 8Melt butter in sauce pan, add flour and stir until smooth.
- 9Add chicken broth, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Stir in cheddar cheese until well blended and thick. Now add prepared meat sauce and cream.
- 11Prepare Hollandaise Sauce and add to cheddar sauce.
- 12Cook cannelloni shells according to package directions.
- 13When cool, fill each shell ( a small spoon works well) with approximately 2 tablespoons of chicken filling.
- 14Spoon a thin layer of sauce into two 9"x13" baking dishes.
- 15PLace stuffed shells in dishes side by side 5 to a row. Spoon sauce around and over stuffed shells and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- 16Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes until cheese is bubbling. Serve at once.
- 17To make ahead: prepare the entire recipe to the baking stage and freeze.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cannelloni
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.7
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 141.9 mg
- Sodium 905.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spaghetti sauce with meat
hollandaise sauce mix