Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so easy to make and can be served over pasta, rice, etc.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pat chicken dry and season lightly with salt& pepper.
- Dip chicken in flour and shake of excess.
- Heat butter and cook chicken 4-6 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the center and lightly browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Discard any fat from the pan; return pan to heat.
- Add chicken stock and rosemary.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add cream and mustard.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook 4-5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Coat with sauce and heat thoroughly.
I give this recipe 5 stars because of the ease of preparation and the wonderful end result. This recipe is simple enough to have on week nights, yet elegant enough to serve at a party. I have served it with rice and pasta. Chicken breasts with rosemary is now on my rotation of regular, simple to prepare meals. Thanks, bert for sharing.
Wonderful dish. Fast to prepare and delicious. I don't cook chicken usually because it never turns out well for me. This one exceeded expectations. I was nervous as I had a teenage guest for dinner and I'm not a confident cook. I have to thank you for this easy and tasty recipe. Not only did the teenager say it was fantastic, my husband said I'm cooking chicken from now on in. I confess I made one change to the recipe - I crumbled part of a vegetable stock cube into the flour, and I also used fresh rosemary but otherwise I stuck to it word for word. Thank you for an excellent recipe, it's given me a bit more confidence to cook chicken more often :o)
After reading all the reviews, I can't wait to try this. On the fence on which to serve it with, pasta or rice, both sound great.