1 hr 5 mins
Aunt Dawn's Note:
This chicken recipe is so tender and juicy. It doesn't crisp up at all because of cooking in the sauce. It's very very good. I served it with mashed potatoes, rice, and corn. This recipe came from allrecipes.com. Submitted by Christine Johnson
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or store parsley)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1Make basting sauce by combining olive oil, grated onion, garlic, salt and pepper, herbs, and hot pepper sauce.
- 2Turn chicken breasts in sauce to coat thoroughly.
- 3Place skin side up in a shallow baking dish.
- 5Roast at 425 degrees, basting occasionally with pan drippings for about 35-45 minutes.
- 6Remove to warm platter, spoon pan juices over, and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Herb Basting Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.4
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 683.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 30.6 g