Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This chicken recipe is so tender and juicy. It doesn't crisp up at all because of cooking in the sauce. It's very very good. I served it with mashed potatoes, rice, and corn. This recipe came from allrecipes.com. Submitted by Christine Johnson
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or store parsley)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Make basting sauce by combining olive oil, grated onion, garlic, salt and pepper, herbs, and hot pepper sauce.
- Turn chicken breasts in sauce to coat thoroughly.
- Place skin side up in a shallow baking dish.
- Roast at 425 degrees, basting occasionally with pan drippings for about 35-45 minutes.
- Remove to warm platter, spoon pan juices over, and sprinkle with fresh parsley.