Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This chicken recipe is so tender and juicy. It doesn't crisp up at all because of cooking in the sauce. It's very very good. I served it with mashed potatoes, rice, and corn. This recipe came from allrecipes.com. Submitted by Christine Johnson
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or store parsley)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Make basting sauce by combining olive oil, grated onion, garlic, salt and pepper, herbs, and hot pepper sauce.
- Turn chicken breasts in sauce to coat thoroughly.
- Place skin side up in a shallow baking dish.
- Roast at 425 degrees, basting occasionally with pan drippings for about 35-45 minutes.
- Remove to warm platter, spoon pan juices over, and sprinkle with fresh parsley.