Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on epicurious and after tweeking it a bit , have made it over and over again. Serve with Three Bell Pepper Slaw With Chipotle Dressing which I have posted seperately.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded thinly
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Place first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss to combine, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Mix cornmeal and coriander in a shallow bowl . coat the chicken breasts with olive oil and then dredge in the cornmeal.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil on med/high and saute the chicken breasts until golden on both sides, about 5 mins a side.
- Serve with the black bean salsa, rice and "Three pepper slaw with chipotle dressing".
I served this with a side of rice and the recommended pepper slaw. It was a good meal, but we found the chicken and black bean salsa to be a bit dry. I had used fresh corn cut from the cob instead of the canned corn, perhaps this was part of the problem. We spooned a bit of my homemade canned salsa over the bean mixture on the chicken and found this to be a great remedy. The flavors were a perfect complement.