A nice spring time dish! Chicken breast rolled around fresh asparagus spears. Served with Lemon Rice and Hollandaise Sauce. One of my "company's coming" meals.
- 4 whole chicken breasts, halved, boned and pounded (very important step, pound them)
- 24 medium asparagus spears, lightly blanched
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
Blender Hollandaise sauce
- 1 cup butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Prepare chicken and asparagus.
- Combine butter, mustard, garlic and wine in a pie plate.
- Dip the chicken breast in butter mixture to coat them.
- Place 3 asparagus spears on each breast and roll, securing with a toothpick.
- Mix bread crumbs, parmesan and parsley together in a different pie plate.
- Roll chicken breasts in the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350.
- I serve this with blender hollandaise sauce and lemon rice.
- Blender Hollandaise Sauce:.
- Heat butter to a full boil, being careful not to brown.
- Combine all other ingredients in blender with blender turned on high, slowly pour butter into yolk mixture in a thin stream until all is added.
- Keeps well in refrigerator for several days.
- When reheating, heat over hot (not boiling water) in top of double boiler.
- Makes 1 1/4 cups of sauce.