1/5 Photos of Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Asparagus
1 hr 15 mins
A nice spring time dish! Chicken breast rolled around fresh asparagus spears. Served with Lemon Rice and Hollandaise Sauce. One of my "company's coming" meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 whole chicken breasts, halved, boned and pounded (very important step, pound them)
- 24 medium asparagus spears, lightly blanched
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
Blender Hollandaise sauce
- 1Prepare chicken and asparagus.
- 2Combine butter, mustard, garlic and wine in a pie plate.
- 3Dip the chicken breast in butter mixture to coat them.
- 4Place 3 asparagus spears on each breast and roll, securing with a toothpick.
- 5Mix bread crumbs, parmesan and parsley together in a different pie plate.
- 6Roll chicken breasts in the bread crumb mixture.
- 7Bake 30 minutes at 350.
- 8I serve this with blender hollandaise sauce and lemon rice.
- 9Blender Hollandaise Sauce:.
- 10Heat butter to a full boil, being careful not to brown.
- 11Combine all other ingredients in blender with blender turned on high, slowly pour butter into yolk mixture in a thin stream until all is added.
- 12Keeps well in refrigerator for several days.
- 13When reheating, heat over hot (not boiling water) in top of double boiler.
- 14Makes 1 1/4 cups of sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1271.1
- Calories from Fat 825
- Total Fat 91.7 g
- Saturated Fat 46.4 g
- Cholesterol 528.0 mg
- Sodium 1251.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 72.4 g