Top Review by SweetsLady
This was so yummy! I doubled the recipe of the sauce except used 1 tsp oregano but used only 3 chicken breasts. Put on top of brown rice and served with a garden salad. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper jelly
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the pepper jelly, mustard, oregano, garlic, and lemon juice; set aside.
- POUND chicken breasts to even thickness, season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over moderately high heat.
- When the foam subsides, add the chicken breasts and cook, turning once, until browned, about 4 minutes per side.
- Push chicken to one side, loosen the browned bits on the bottom; add onion and chicken broth, cook until onion is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add the pepper jelly mixture to the pan and coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Cook until the sauce is reduced and if you get impatient, try adding some dry Italian bread crumbs to thicken it up.
- Taste test and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Transfer the chicken to plates and spoon onion sauce on top.