Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Betty Crocker.
Make and share this Chicken & Black Pepper Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Heat 1-1/2 cups milk, peas, carrots, chicken and soup to boiling in 3-quart saucepan.
- Stir Bisquick mix, 1/3 cup milk and black pepper until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by 8 spoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Putting a dumpling in a bowl and ladling the creamy chicken goodness over the top = yummy comfort food. I have tried other dumpling recipes and always seem to go back to Bisquick. I used leftover roast chicken, and cream of chicken soup instead of cream of chicken/ mushroom. Also lightly sprinkled more black pepper on top. A very quick and easy recipe that I will make again.
I've made this several times, althought I have to double the dumplings because my family likes them so much! Very easy to make, and the leftovers are even better.