Rebecca Downey's Note:
Inspired by Fit Fare's Low fat party appetizers. I started making these for parties when I realized how cheap they were to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground chicken, cooked
- 1/2 cup rice, cooked
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream soup, any flavor
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 (60 g) packages phyllo dough, shells (or an equal amount of phyllo dough sheets)
- thyme, to taste
- 1Preheat the oven to 350° F (176.6° C).
- 2Cook the chicken and garlic in a non-stick skillet.
- 3Add the rice and soup to the skillet and stir well to combine.
- 4Add the lemon zest to the skillet, and stir well.
- 5Slowly add the milk to thin the texture out. Note that you might not use all of it. The mixture should not be runny.
- 6Taste and season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- 7If you can't find pre-made shells, use phyllo dough cut into squares. Spray a little bit of non-stick cooking spray in between the layers, cut them to fit tart shells, and pre-bake them for 10-15 minutes in the hot oven.
- 8Spoon filling into phyllo dough shells and place them on a cookie sheet.
- 9Cook in the hot oven until the shells crisp and begin to brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- 10Garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme.
- 11Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bites
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.1
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 108.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: