Recipe by dale!
Delicious chicken meatballs in a creamy mushroom and bacon sauce.
Top Review by Chef bifaerie79
SO glad I converted and tried this recipe. Definetly worth a try! The meatballs were delicate, soft, and delicious and the sauce was a perfect match. Served this with angel hair pasta and made mini meatballs. Everyone absolutly loved it. I've made this more than once and added a 8 oz. container of herbed cheese spread (like boursin or alouette) I had in the refrigerator the second time and it was cheesy and delicious. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 500 g ground chicken
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 125 g sliced mushrooms
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup stock or 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup thickened cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mince, flour, onions, egg and seasonings in a bowl.
- Shape into meatballs and dust with a little extra flour.
- Heat half the oil in a pan and brown the meatballs all over.
- Remove from the pan.
- In the same pan heat the remaining oil and saute the onion, garlic, mushrooms and bacon until tender.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer to reduce the liquid by half.
- Stir in the cream and simmer for 10 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Add the meatballs back in and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with rice, pasta, potatoes or steamed vegetables.