Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My boyfriend "threw this together" one weekend for lunch. It's super easy to prepare, and even easier to eat!!!! He is SOOO proud of himself, and everyone that has tried it, has loved it!
- 200 g penne pasta
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut in to bite size pieces
- 6 slices bacon, cut in to bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh spinach (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta, drain and set aside.
- Pan fry the chicken and bacon in a little olive oil until cooked and set aside.
- Saute the onions and garlic in a little olive oil until tender.
- Add the diced tomatoes and heat through.
- Add the chicken stock and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Return the Chicken and Bacon to the pan and heat through.
- Add the cream and bring it all to a simmer.
- Add the cheese and stir through until melted.
- Toss the pasta through the sauce and heat.
- Add the spinach and then turn the heat off so it wilts.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This is my review of this meal chicken pasta bacon chicken with tomatoes. I made this but didnt add the chicken, pasta, bacon, tomatoes, garlic, onion or cream. I was dissapointed as it just tasted of cheese :( needless to say i will not be trying this recipe again :(
I made this 2day and it was fab, the only thing I didn't add was cheese as my fella, can't eat cheese but it was great cnt wait to make this soon :-)
This is a good recipe. I like to make it but can be a little bit bland. I like garlic so we add a couple cloves of garlic (minced). I also like to try and get as much veg in there as possible. Liked the mushrooms that was suggested.