Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe from Light & Tasty. This one is so easy and delicious and healthy! It would be very good for low-carbers too. I have made this with different kinds of olives, and just green olives when I didn't have any others. It's good any way!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup stuffed olives, halved
- 1⁄4 cup Greek olive, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Combine the broth, artichoke hearts, olives, oregano and lemon juice; add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Very good! I needed to use up a red onion and red/yellow peppers, so I sauteed them with the chicken (cut in bite size pieces). That made it very colorful and the ratio of veggies to meat higher. I served it with herbed naan bread from Trader Joe's and a salad of romaine, pomegranate seeds, cucumbers, and feta. A splash of red pepper flakes added a zing to this dish, and next time I'll cook some minced garlic with the chicken. Overall, it was a fresh tasting, flavorful, healthy and quick dish!
This was very flavorful and super easy to make! Start to finish was about 20 minutes, but you wouldn't know it by the taste. I subbed 1 teaspoon of dried oregano because I didn't have any fresh. I served it with steamed squash, but I think it would also be good over rice. As Paula suggested, I think it would be good with feta too. Will make again, thanks!
This is fantastic. The recipe reduces very well to serve 2. I flattened the breasts slightly to promote even cooking. The only thing that I would like to try is crumbling some feta over and allowing it to begin to melt. Served this with recipe #206263.