Chicken Sausage and Artichoke Skillet Lasagna
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese (one-percent)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained thoroughly
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces chicken sausage
- 1 (32 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 8 sheets no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- fresh basil leaf, torn
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, cottage cheese, egg, Parmesan and spinach; season with salt and pepper.
- In a 12-inch deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, then brown the sausage. Remove 1/3 sausage from the skillet to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add 1 cup of the tomato sauce to the skillet and stir to combine with the sausage. On your cutting board, place 2 lasagna noodles side by side and use a spatula to cover them with 1/3 of the ricotta mixture. Using a larger spatula, transfer noodles to the center of the skillet. Scatter 1/3 of the artichokes on top, season with salt and pepper and top with 1/3 of the mozzarella. Add 1 cup of the tomato sauce and the 1/3 of the sausage. Repeat the layers 2 more times. Finish by tearing the remaining mozzarella slices and placing it on top along with the remaining sauce. Cover, adjust the heat, and simmer until the lasagna is cooked through and the cheese is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. After the lasagna has cooked through, place the skillet under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and crispy around the edges.
- Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and basil before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!