1/2 Photos of Chicken and Wild Rice Salad
This is the perfect recipe to make for lunch or brunch. It is elegant enough to serve at a bridal luncheon of any kind but easy enough to throw together if you're just having some friends over. It also makes an easy weeknight dinner - especially in the summer when you don't feel like cooking. It can be made ahead (although don't add the green onions or tomatoes until just before serving or they might get a little soggy).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend (Near East or Uncle Ben's)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cut up or shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 1 cup firmly packed spinach, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle girard's light champagne vinaigrette, to taste (or your favorite salad dressing)
- 1Cook rice according to package directions, omitting butter and using only 1 1/2 - 2 cups water. Cool.
- 2Saute mushrooms in butter and sherry. (This step is totally optional). Add to rice mixture.
- 3Add salad dressing to taste. If making the salad in advance, reserve a little salad dressing to add in just before serving.
- 4Mix remaining ingredients and chill.
- 5If making more than a couple of hours in advance, do not add the tomatoes or green onions until right before serving.
- 6The recipe doubles and triples very easily, making it great for entertaining.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Wild Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend