Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in my local grocery store flyer. It's a favorite at our house and always cooks up tender and delicious. We like this with tzatziki sauce. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! (Prep time does not include marinating time).
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- summer squash or zucchini
- cherry tomatoes
- red pepper
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water while chicken is marinating.
- Cut chicken and vegetables into 1" pieces.
- Mix oil, lemon, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper together in a shallow glass dish.
- Stir in chicken cubes, coating all surfaces with mixture. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes (I do this in a large ziplock bag).
- Alternate chicken and vegetables on skewers leaving a small space between pieces.
- Liberally brush each kabob with remaining marinade and then discard marinade.
- Grill over medium coals about 4" from heat source for about 10 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes.
- Or cook under a preheated broiler, 4" from heat until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.