Steak and Vegetable Kabobs
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 lbs top sirloin steaks, cut into 1-1/4 inch pieces
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes (or sweet red pepper)
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients; set aside. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread meat and vegetables.
- Place in a large glass dish. Pour marinade over kabobs; cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, turning several times. Discard cloves.
- Grill over medium-hot heat until the meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this for guest...it was loved by all...the meat was so tender after marinating for 10 hours...I marinated all the ingredients in a zip lock bag and made the kabobs based on individual likes...some with out mushrooms, some with out onion...you get the idea...this worked great...I also cut the recipe in half...so easy and tasty...I served it with grilled red potatoes and crusty rolls heated on the grill...ended with a tray of fruit...this one is a keeper...thanks for posting it...=)