Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The chicken and vegetables are all seasoned with a mixture of garlic, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper and olive oil, then baked together. Great flavors in this casserole!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Coat roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper and oil.
- In a large bowl, toss mushrooms, potatoes, carrots and onion with 2 tablespoons of the herb mixture and place vegetables in roasting pan.
- Brush remaining herb mixture over chicken pieces.
- Place chicken skin side up in roasting pan, arranging vegetables around them.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then add wine to roasting pan.
- Baste the chicken with pan juices.
- Continue to bake 15 minutes longer or until chicken is brown and potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove everything to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Place pan over medium heat and add chicken broth.
- Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits.
- Thicken, if desired with a mixture of flour and water.
- Pour juices over chicken and vegetables and serve.
Very nice and easy chicken supper. I doubled all the ingredients to serve four and thickened the juices with flour. Very nice flavor and tender chicken. Thanks, Marie!