Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have been making this for years, and it's always been a hit. You can eat this on it's own, or bake a potato and make a meal of it.
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes chicken, flavor stuffing (I use Stovetop)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Half fill large saucepan with water - (enough to cover the chicken) and bring to boil.
- Place chicken in boiling water, reduce heat slightly and cook for at least 30 minutes Drain, and cool chicken until easy to handle. Pull chicken pieces apart to form small strips (like pulled pork). Set aside.
- Preheat stove to 350°F.
- Prepare stuffing per directions on box - remember you are making 2 boxes, so make sure you double your water, butter etc. Once prepared, allow to cool slightly.
- Mix soup and sour cream in a separate bowl, set aside.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 casserole dish, and use just under half of the stuffing to make a base. Cover the whole bottom of dish, and press lightly.
- Spread chicken over the base.
- Pour the soup/cream mixture over chicken and spread evenly.
- sprinkle the remaining stuffing over the top of the mixture.
- Place in stove for 25 minutes or until the top starts browning.
- Serve and enjoy!
I think next time I will use 3 boxes of stuffing instead of 2. It was tasty and almost all eaten at a potluck we had tonight. Easy to make - I used that pre-grilled chicken to make it even easier.