Recipe by Bruce W. Fullerton
This recipe was given to me by my Diet Doctor. I really liked this recipe.
Top Review by MeredithYeverino
I was so happy with this quiche. I used 4 eggs, about 4 oz fresh spinach, 3/4c lowfat yogurt instead of mayo, and skipped the milk. I used 1/8t garlic salt instead of plain salt. I mixed mozzarella and cheddar cheese. I put Parmesan cheese, 8 crushed saltines and a sprinkle of Emeril's seasoning over the top, Like some other reviewers, I baked it an extra 10 minutes. It was so yummy!
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and well drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pierce pastry shell thoroughly with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix chicken, onion, cheese, and spinach.
- Spoon into pastry shell.
- In a small bowl wisk eggs, milk, seasonings and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.