Greek Spinach Quiche
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
1 9-inch quiche
- pastry dough, for a 9-inch, one-crust pie
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup milk (recommended -- low fat or 2%)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- Line a 9-inch quiche or pie dish with pastry; trim excess pastry around edges (you can decorate the edges with fluting or crimping or anything you want). Prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Bake at 400 degrees F for 3 minutes; remove from oven, and prick with a fork. Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Cook spinach according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain spinach thoroughly, pressing out excess water.
- Combine spinach and remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl; mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pastry shell. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30--35 minutes, or until center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Join The Conversation