Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
For a light alfresco supper, serve with warm croissants and a cantaloupe/watermelon bowl.
- 8 ounces penne, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (or cubed cooked chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced red onions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Creamy Tarragon Dressing
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped (white and green parts)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- To make the dressing: add all the dressing ingredients to a food processor or blender; process until well blended; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the salad: in a large bowl, toss the pasta with the oil; cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Add the next 5 ingredients to the pasta; toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Cover and chill several hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Just before serving, fold in blueberries and sprinkle with almonds.
A must have for family picnics!!!
I made this recipe for the ***JULY*** COOKING PHOTO FUN EVENT FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS. The recipe was wonderful and the colors were beautiful to photograph.
This was okay, but I think I would have liked the salad better if there were more vegetables and fruits in addition to the chicken and pasta. Thanks for sharing.