Recipe by Tarbean
From Cooking Light magazine. Great weekday meal.
Top Review by Panebianco
I love love peanut sacue and was thrilled to a low fat version. This was really good, my husband loved it as well. I didn't use the peppers but added snow peas and it was awesome. Very quick and easy. Thanks for sharing.
- 5 ounces japanese curly soba noodles (chucka soba)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers, strips
- 1 tablespoon ginger, bottled
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped and divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Combine broth and next 5 ingredients (through red pepper) in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken; saute 4 minute Add bell pepper; saute 3 minute Remove from heat. Combine chicken and noodles in large bowl.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in pan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 15 seconds. Stir in broth mixture; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Pour broth mixture over noodles, add 1/4 cup green onions and toss well.
- Sprinkle wtih 1/4 cup green onions and serve.